Tuesday, May 12, 2020

New Year Days

 New Year Days


Why do you look at me 

as I rise from the sea

for the first time this year?


I will rise from the sea 

tomorrow and 

the day after too


Look at the first drops of rain

now that’s something

that will give you food


You don’t look when

the pale yellow flower

blooms for the first time


Or when the blue capped rock thrush

appears on the top

of your chikoo tree and sings


The cracks of turtle eggs are also

soft fireworks on the beach 

the start of their new year


Salmon mothers on the gravel bed

with a suitcase of spawn

ready to die again


I sink I rise

I sink I rise

no big deal


But these are magical days

new year moments of beauty

annual children of time.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome. - Jose